PRP for Male Hair Loss:- Platelet rich plasma treatment (PRP) therapy is a non-invasive form of addressing male hair loss and thinning with blood cell platelets to stimulate hair growth. PRP for men involves drawing a small amount of the patient’s blood, placing the blood in a tube and centrifuging the blood until plasma platelets collect in the tube. Useful for healing and regenerating tissue, this platelet-rich plasma is then injected into the scalp where hair thinning and loss is noticeable.
How is Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy Performed?
PRP is a simple procedure involving the following steps:
- Blood is collected from the patient and placed in a container.
- The container is then put into a centrifuge where it is rotated rapidly to separate blood components.
- Platelets now separated from the blood are prepared for topical application and injection into the scalp.
- Prior to the actual application of platelet rich plasma, a micro-needling device is used on the scalp to stimulate the scalp’s dermis. This induces microtrauma to the scalp so that the body’s immune system responds by initiating the body’s natural healing processes. Enhancing the activity of growth repair cells is the introduction of platelet rich plasma therapy to the scalp.
Finally, occlusive dressing may be applied to treated areas if necessary.
Length of a platelet rich plasma therapy session depends on the extent of hair loss but generally takes one to two hours. Most patients need PRP therapy several times to achieve desired results. Others may only require platelet rich plasma therapy once or twice a year.
What to Know about
PRP Injections:-PRP is a simple procedure involving the following steps:
- PRP sessions generally take less than an hour to complete. No downtime is associated with PRP treatment and you can return to your regular activities immediately after a session.
- Booster PRP injections should be implemented every three months for a year. Maintenance sessions should be scheduled for once a year thereafter.
- Before leaving Laser Clinique, your scalp is thoroughly cleaned and dried.
- You can wash your hair the morning before receiving PRP injections. It is also safe to color your hair up to three days prior to beginning treatment.
- It is strongly recommended that you stop taking dietary supplements that tend to thin the blood before receiving PRP injections. These include vitamins A and E, niacin and essential fatty acid supplements.
- Patients report only mild, temporary discomfort from receiving PRP injections. Since an inflammatory process is necessary to stimulate hair growth, you should refrain from taking anti-inflammatory medications that interfere with the natural healing process.