Hypothyroidism Weight Gain in Male
Thyroid disease in men involves many of the same symptoms as those that affect women with a thyroid disorder. Men, however, may also experience some manifestations of a thyroid issue that are unique to their sex—some of which you may not immediate associate with such a concern, such as low sperm count, loss of muscle mass, pot belly and erectile dysfunction.
Many men don’t consider that they could have thyroid disease, even if they present with classic symptoms.
- Weight gain
- Abdominal trunk
- Loss in executive function
- Diminished ability to think clearly and make decisions
- Reduced feeling of empowerment and self-assuredness
- Decrease in sex drive
- Erectile dysfunction
- Balding/hair loss
- High cholesterol
- Decreased ability to deal with stress
- Reduced energy and fatigue
- Decreased testosterone levels