Unfortunately, although many men would love to improve their appearance and smooth out facial wrinkles; they are still hesitant about getting Botox injections or facial filler treatments.* It’s not that they don’t want to look younger, but that they don’t have many friends who’ve done it (or simply can’t tell their friends did), and hesitate about being the first to get a cosmetic treatment.*But, attitudes toward Botox for men are changing rapidly.* In fact, it is estimated that since 2001, the number of men getting facial injections like Botox has more than tripled – a trend fueled by rumors of celebrities like Steve Martin, Clint Eastwood and Michael Douglass having received cosmetic treatments to freshen their appearance.* However, in order to get the best outcomes, it’s important to be aware of several factors that are unique specifically to male Botox injections.*
How Botox for Men Works
To understand how Botox can work for men, it’s important to first understand how these injections work.
* Botox, or botulinum toxin, is a chemical that is highly effective at relaxing muscles.
* It is injected into targeted areas of the face specifically to prevent wrinkles that are caused by facial expressions; like crow’s feet and forehead wrinkles.
* The injections are virtually painless and take just a few minutes to complete.
* After the Botox treatment, the muscles become gradually more relaxed over the course of a few days, reaching full effect within a few weeks.
* As the targeted muscles become relaxed, they no longer create strong creases in facial skin, thus reducing the appearance of wrinkles