Age spots are flat brown, gray, or black spots on the skin. They usually occur on sun-exposed areas. Age spots are also called liver spots or sunspots.
What causes age spots? Age spots are the result of excess production of melanin, or skin pigment. Doctors don’t always know why age spots develop. Skin aging, sun exposure, or other forms of ultraviolet (UV) light exposure, such as tanning beds, are all possible causes. You’re most likely to develop age spots on the areas of your skin that receive the most sun exposure, including:Face, the back of your hands, shoulders, upper back, and forearms
The benefit of Venus Versa in Tapovan: –– Venus Versa is a powerful, highly effective Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) skin treatment that harnesses the power of light to reverse these effects of sun damage, as well as the natural aging process. While it may seem counter-intuitive (won’t adding more light to your skin increase the damage instead of fix it?), IPL treatments utilize safe infrared light (as opposed to UV light) to improve and enhance the color, tone, texture, and condition of your skin by stimulating the production of collagen and elastin deep within the tissues of the skin.
Other benefits of IPL with Venus Versa™ include:
- Non-invasive and non-ablative
- One treatment can be completed in less than 20 minutes
- No downtime or recovery time: return to your normal activities immediately
- Built-in cooling system to ensure your comfort during treatment
- Powerfully reduces minor pigmentation problems like brown spots with just 1 or 2 treatments.
- Safe and effective for all skin types.