Intravenous hydration provides the fluid that the body needs when a patient cannot take enough fluid by mouth. The contents of the infusion may include, alone or in combination, sterile water, glucose and electrolytes. It is given directly into veins by either a pump or gravity drip method.
- chronic dehydration
- superior mesenteric artery syndrome
- electrolyte imbalance
- excessive sweating
Benefits of IV Hydration:-
- IV fluids hydrate you faster than drinking water.
- IV hydration is the best choice when you are nauseous.
- IV hydration provide electrolytes.
- Helpful supplements can be added to your IV hydration treatment.